Continuum of Care for Youth
Focus on Children and Youth
When children are experiencing difficulty it can affect their self-esteem, success in school, friendship and family life. Our goal is to assist the child while working together with the family, the family physician, educators, or other professionals to coordinate behavioral health care. We offer a wide range of programs that incorporate individual, group and family counseling for children and youth struggling with such issues as:
- School / education problems
- Trauma issues
- Low self-esteem
- Eating disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Lack of motivation/underachievement/over-achievement
- Poor social skills
- Acting out behaviors
- Divorce and blended families issues
South Community will provide diagnostic assessment to determine the problem, develop a plan and implement solutions. Specialists in children’s problems are available to provide treatment in the most appropriate modality. We also offer assessment and medication services provided by a psychiatrist when needed.
Children with Severe Emotional Disturbances (SED)
South Community offers community support for SED children and youth. When a community psychiatric support specialist is assigned, the specialist will set up a service plan, introduce additional service providers, maintain frequent contact with the family, and monitor progress. This service is a key component to successful outcomes.
More specialized treatment for severely emotionally disturbed children include:
- Youth Empowerment Program (1/2 day)
- Partial hospitalization: a daily treatment program of individual, group and family therapy as well as educational tutoring (full day).
- Foster care in a 24 hour in-home environment with trained foster parents.