South Community has provided EAP services for over 25 years. We work with employers and their employees to augment employers’ efforts to maintain a healthy and productive workforce.
In 1997, South Community was selected by the Dayton Chamber of Commerce as their value-added EAP provider. The selection criteria utilized by the Chamber was based upon experience, services offered, geographic access, diversity of clinicians and overall value.
What is an EAP? – An EAP is designed to help employers and employees deal with personal and workplace challenges. EAP’s are often the first step in recovery for alcohol and drug abuse, anger management, financial crisis and other life issues. EAP’s save employers millions of dollars each year by intervening in personal and work issues that affect productivity, and the emotional well-being of employees and their family members.
EAP Plus offers a broad range of services, including:
- Community based counseling services for employees and their dependents
- A supervisory referral program designed to assist under-performing employees
- Supervisory consultation services with our staff of senior clinical consultants
- Critical incident debriefing that provides an on-site counselor in the event of a traumatic event
EAP Plus services are designed to:
- Help people gain more control of their lives
- Provide emergency debriefings in the aftermath of a critical incident
- Keep people on the job
- Restore people to full productivity
- Reduce healthcare costs
- Improve safety conditions in the workplace
What kinds of personal problems can my EAP Plus address?
- Marital and relationship problems
- Dealing with children and teens
- Alcohol/Drug dependency
- Post trauma stress reactions
- Divorce and Separation
- Grief and loss
If I am a manager, what kinds of work related problems can the EAP Plus address?
- Harassment and other work related violence issues
- Decreased productivity
- Conflicts with co-workers
- Alcohol/Drug dependency
- Job burnout
Who needs counseling?
Anyone who wants it! Unfortunately, many people still associate counseling with mental illness or personal weakness. Of course, neither one is true. People decide to get counseling for many reasons, including feeling “stressed out”, low self esteem, shyness, depression… all the things that make us human.
Will anyone know I’m receiving counseling?
Counseling is strictly confidential. Unless required by law, the counselor can not and will not release any information without the person’s express written consent.
How much does all this cost?
EAP Plus contracts with an employer on either a capitated or fee-for-service basis. There is no charge to an employee or family member for EAP Plus services.
How do I get more information?
For more information on South Community’s EAP Plus services:
Call: (937) 293-4525
EAP Plus is a Value Added provider for the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce. Value Added benefits save members money. For more information on all the benefits provided by the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce visit their website at www.daytonchamber.org or call (937) 226-1444.