Continuum of Care for Youth
Youth Empowerment Program
The Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) was created to be less intensive than partial hospitalization, residential and hospitalization, but more intensive than regular outpatient care. The YEP provides a community-based placement intervention for youth who:
- Are on a waiting list for more intensive services
- Need a step-down from hospitalization, residential placement or partial hospitalization
- Have not benefited from traditional outpatient therapy.
Specifics of the Youth Empowerment Program:
- Serves youth ages 12 through 17
- Provides an intensive half-day therapeutic/academic program for 12-15 weeks. (The academic component is optional)
- Includes four days of treatment per week (Monday through Thursday)
- Provides family therapy, individual therapy, group therapy and psychiatric services (as needed)
- Offers collaboration with home school to provide transition planning
- Staffed by a multidisciplinary multimodal team of Mental Health Professionals
Accepts referrals from managed care organizations, local school districts, psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians, hospitals, residential facilities, Juvenile Court, Montgomery County Children Services and others.