Continuum of Care for Youth
If you would like more information on how to become a Foster Parent, please call (937) 293-8300.
The Foster Care Program serves children and adolescents with severe behavioral and emotional issues which place them at risk for a more restrictive placement if not addressed and stabilized. Voluntary placements in the program range from 6 to 9 months. In a voluntary placement with the program, parents can maintain custody of the child. The Foster Care Program also offers long-term placement options for children with emotional/behavioral problems who are in the custody of children’s services. Family foster homes are also available.
Services offered by the Foster Care Program
The network is staffed by licensed professionals and trained youth specialists / case managers who work with youth, the primary family, and other providers to offer specialized care and problem solving. Youth placed in this intensive program will receive:
- An Individualized Service Plan focused on recovery and development of independent living and coping skills.
- Home-based therapy in the foster home and in the biological family home if applicable.
- Discharge planning and linkage to appropriate aftercare services
- 24 hour access to crisis intervention for primary and foster parents.
Active involvement of the primary family is required in all Voluntary Placements
Since the goal of the program is family reunification, it is expected that the primary family have regular contact with the youth and participate in all services as outlined in the individualized treatment plan. These services include but are not limited to:
- Participation in monthly case conferences
- Family therapy and case management services
- Aftercare to assist the child and family in generalizing learned skills into the primary home.
The program is operated out of our Youth Specialized Services location:
South Community Foster Care
3155 Elbee Rd. Suite 100
Moraine, OH 45439
For more information regarding the program, please call during office hours.
Office Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday