Continuum of Care for Youth
Community Psychiatric SupportYouth Community Psychiatric Support Services are provided to youth, ages 6 to 21 that are having severe emotional and/or behavioral challenges in their home, school, and in their community. The youth require a higher level of care than traditional outpatient services to assist them in recovery.
A Youth Community Psychiatric Support Specialist (CPS) IS A MEMBER OF A LARGER TEAM WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing community based care for youth and families through home based and school based services.
- Collaborating with other South Community and external providers, family members, or anyone who is involved in the youth’s treatment
- Assessing client ongoing needs and reporting to other team members
- Advocating for youth and families
- Education and Social Skills Training
- Referrals and linkage with community resources
Equine Assisted Therapy & Social Skills Learning Experience
South Community, Inc. has partnered with Elliott Stables in Germantown, Ohio to provide Equine Assisted Therapy and Social Skills Training for at risk youth.