Please Contact Us if you know anyone who is suffering from substance abuse. In case of an emergency or need of immediate care, please call 911.
Dayton and Montgomery County substance abuse is epidemic, tragic and in need of solutions. While treatments may differ, South Community, Inc. has provided area citizens with physicians and facilities dedicated to wellness and addiction free living. Substance abuse may involve legal, illegal and/or legal prescription drugs.
- Sedatives, tranquilizers, pain killers
- Ecstasy (MDMA)
- Depressants that treat anxiety or sleep (Valium, Librium, Xanax, Halcion, ProSom)
- Opioid derivatives for pain relief (OxyContin, Darvon, Vicodin, Dilaudid, Demerol)
- Stimulants such as prescribed for Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD (Dexedrine, Ritalin)
- Court involvement
- Loved ones concerned enough to reach out for help
- Loss of employment
- Loss of relationships
- Experiencing other mental health related issues
The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports:
- 8.9 million adults have co-occurring (mental health and substance use) disorders
- 7.4% receive treatment for both conditions
- 55.8% receive no treatment at all
South Community, Inc. offers Integrated Dual Disordered Treatment (IDDT), an evidence-based model for adults who have these co-occurring issues of substance abuse and serious mental illness. No longer does a person have to go to two different programs to get help. Integrated Dual Disordered Treatment (IDDT) addresses both at the same time.
Integrated Dual Disordered Treatment (IDDT) works with the individual on sobriety, understanding his/her mental illness and substance abuse disorder, with an emphasis on community treatment.
Treating the co-occurring disorders of mental health and substance abuse through Integrated Dual Disordered Treatment (IDDT) can improve quality of life, decrease court involvement, seeks to bring loved ones and family/other support into the treatment process and with independence can mean stable housing, employment and other meaningful activities for the individual.